From The Alpha and the Omega - Chapter Eight
by Jim A. Cornwell, Copyright © 1995, all rights reserved
1987-1998 The Fourth group of Twelve years.
What occurs from 1996 to 1998 is still unknown but maybe John can tell us.
- In 1988 Russia and Communism began to decline.
- Democracy is on the uprise in the world.
- The AIDS epidemic arises in 1988 and continues.
- EEC became 12 nations by 1989 and changed its name to the European Union by 1994 but becomes 15 nations in 1995.
- Peace Talks begin and proceed in the Mideast.
- A New World Order of the (G-7) seven richest nations is envisioned in 1991 after the Persian Gulf War and the dissolvement of the Warsaw Pact occurred.
- From the influence of GATT the World Trade Talks begin in 1993.
- Israel and Vatican talk.
- Ecumenical views (concerned with establishing or promoting unity among churches or religions) start influencing the modern world by 1994. Liberalism is undermining the spiritual vitality of the church.
- Famine and world food and water supplies, epidemics and civil violence become a concern for humanity.
- World population growth becomes a new issue.
- In 1995 Mideast peace begins with Israel returning land and the PLO making concessions.
- Also in 1995 the new (WTO) World Trade Organization develops into 10 Regions of Free Trade under GATT.
Rev. 6:7-8 (Fourth Seal)
Rev. 6:7 And when He opened the fourth seal,
I heard the voice of the fourth Living Being say, "Go!" (The fourth living creature was "like a flying eagle," or a high-soaring intelligence and judgment descending on the ungodly, as the king of birds on his prey)
Rev. 6:8 And I looked and, behold,
a pale horse (‘Chloros’ pale green of a horse symbolizes death, an image of desolating war, and reign of death),
and the name of him who sat on it was Death (Its rider was ‘’Thanatos’, symbol of destruction, massive death not necessarily loss of corporeal life but the separation of man from God, a spiritual Death),
and Hades (Hell a situation or place of evil, misery, discord, or destruction, a temporary destiny of the doomed)
followed along with him (pp. as on another horse).
And authority was given to them over the fourth part (‘Tetartos’) (possibly 1.4 billion of 5.6 billion people projected to increase to 2.1 billion of 8.5 billion by the year 2025 A.D. representing the Christ rejecting world and the world population figures) of the earth,
to kill with sword (carnal weapons; war),
and with hunger (‘Limos’ famine, discomfort, weakness, or pain caused by a prolonged lack of food),
and with death (belief in the life of matter; disease),
and with the beasts (pp. wild animals; persecution, political and religious which is hostile to God) of the earth.
Return to the Table of Contents - Chapter Eight or
go to the next subject 1999-2010 The Fifth group of Twelve years -- Rev. 6:9-10 (Fifth Seal)